Monday, April 19

It's Been a LONG Time


I Love Texture!


We Have Walls! God Bless the Walls!


Peek-A-Boo! I can see through my garage...



The stairs, also known as "The Death Trap"



Hey guys, I think we got robbed...


Hey there friends and family! It has been awhile! Most of you already know what has been taking up our time, but for those of you who dont (and for my friends who think I need to document the last few months of my life) let me fill you in.

Back in December we were finally blessed with our first home, we spent three months getting settled in, decorating, cleaning up the yard, all the fun things you do when you buy your first home. Then....on March 4th what we now call "The Great Poop Flood of 2010" happened. I will spare you all the dirty details and let you use your imagination....the city sewer mainline, yes I said sewer, backup up right in front of our tap causing all the nasty stinky sewage of my wonderfully delightful neighboorhood to back up into my house. We woke up to 5'' of raw sewage in every crevis of our BRAND NEW HOUSE. There was so much our poor chichuaua was swimming, literally. After several hours of standing in my entryway with the front door open sweeping sewage out my front door the flood subsided and we were left with well... a leather couch and recliner. We made the death call to our insurance company to file a claim and after deciding that yes we do have coverage they send a restoration company came out and completely demoed the inside of our house leaving only our master bathtub behind. And on that day we began the rebuilding of our dream home. It has been one disaster after another ranging from the insurance company agreeing to pay then refusing to pay, then deciding once again to pay, having to many contractors lined up and no money, then money and no contractors. And now it is all coming together. As of today we have walls again, sheetrock and texture and as of 4pm we now have cabinets, vanieties, linen closets and closet shelving (which is a big thank you to my wonderful husband). We have worked our butts off during this whole thing. I can actually say with assurance that I am a professional insulator! I am also a professional mortor remover and chip hammer user. I can rip sheetrock out with the best. And Shawn he is a jack of all trades, he is an electrician who can frame, sheetrock, plumb and install custom shelving. Oh and a tree trimmer!

And where are we living you might ask? We were in a hotel for about a month but now we are in a townhouse in Saginaw. It is dirty and the rental furniture sucks but hey its free so we cant complain to much.

I am going to keep updating as things are happening and also will post pictures of everything along the way. It has been a long month and a half but we are here, strong and relying on God! Hope you enjoyed the crap story that is our life right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment