Wednesday, April 28

To Split or Not To Split...

So if you have know me or have been reading this you know that our house flooded and we have two boys. As long as my kids have been alive they have shared rooms, they have laughed in the middle of the night, they have scared each other, slept together and snored together. Since our house flooded and we were forced to jump ship they have been sleeping in separate rooms in this roomy rental house they gave us, with very...small...beds...

So yesterday I casually asked them, "Hey guys, no need to answer right away, just think about it for a bit" Thinking I am crazy for thinking they actually like the sleeping arrangements they were forced into here, I say "When we move home do you want to split your rooms and each have your own space or do you want to keep bunking with a totally cool playroom?"

Faster than, oh I don't know something super fast they said and at the same time I must add "YES LETS  SPLIT" I was SHOCKED! My little boys, who are 9 and 6 (not really so little) want separate rooms. So now I am depressed and have to deal with splitting their rooms, but who gets the bigger room? The younger one still plays with all the toys so naturally he would get the bigger room, but the older one needs his space and has a desk so naturally he would get the bigger room....I am stuck, shocked, and depressed.

I have been dreaming of the day that they would want separate rooms, so that I can they can decorate their rooms and make them everything I want they want them to be. And now it's here and well WHOOSH went the air in my hot air balloon.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Well... how did the move back to the house go? Who got the bigger room?

    ReplyDelete