Monday, December 28

The Most Amazing Year

We heard a sermon yesterday that was about closure. How we all need closure and that is exactly what I have been doing, seeking closure from 2009. In so many ways this was the best year! Just to reflect a bit, we got to work with the youth at NWBC and build relationships with many of the teens there, Robert started school, I was reunited with my dad and was able to care for him and show him the most amazing love - Gods love, I was able to see him called home by the Lord and sat by his side as he went on. I learned the power of forgivness, not just the Im sorry kind but the forgivness that God showed us when he sent his son to die on the cross for me. I have made friends whose friendships will last a lifetime, I discovered that my task here is to serve people, our family took a leap of faith and left the only church we have ever attended so follow God, we were blessed with a house this year! Yes finally after 10 long years, 7 of which has been spent in a 1000 sq ft duplex with two growing boys and two dogs we bought our own home in Azle Texas! 1736 sq ft on .33 acres. What I learned yesterday from the sermon is no matter how good or bad there year was, its over and New Years is just that a NEW YEAR to see where the Lord wants me to go next. Not a year to say remember when or I cant believe, but a year to be excited for no matter the ups and downs it brings. To the friends who helped us and endured with us THANK YOU SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment